For the first several months of my site, I posted a weekly round-up of film-etc. stories that were on my radar. I have not had time to do that lately, but that does not mean I have not been reading like a mad man. I retweet many of these on my Twitter page, and also post some on Facebook. But the last week or so has been especially interesting. Here are six of the biggies that you need to be aware of:
- “The Monuments Men” moves to 2014, “American Hustle” moves up, and Scorsese’s “Wolf” should be ready for Christmas!
- “Blue is the Warmest Color” controversies everywhere!
- JJ Abrams fires “Star Wars” writer Michael Ardnt; takes over duties with Lawrence Kasdan!
- “50 Shades” finds its new Grey!
- “The Fifth Estate” fulfills Julian Assange’s prophecy, bombs!
- Ridley Scott’s “The Counselor” opens with virtually no buzz!
Each one of these is fascinating, and they have all helped make this, in my opinion, the most fascinating filmdom fall in some time …
Matt Damon and George Clooney in “The Monuments Men” (Claudette Barius / Sony)